For electronically importing data, system reads the files and extracts the data from those files and then imports them into CHRONiCA. For doing this process the following are the steps that need to be followed:
System processes and displays count of Total number of records, number of Assimilated records and number of duplicate records.
Duplicate records will not get assimilated into CHRONiCA at the time of Importing Death (.txt) files.
For importing Duplicate records into CHRONiCA user need to use ‘Unassimilated Record Compare’.
For that user need to follow the following steps:
1. Search the duplicate death records using "Unassimilated General Search".
2. Select one record at time from the list of duplicate death records and select "Unassimilated Record Compare" from the Import Data Menu.
3. System will open the Unassimilated Record Compare window. It will show the EDI Record and a list of Candidate CHRONiCA records for that EDI record.
4. User can select any CHRONiCA record from the list of Candidate CHRONiCA records to compare it with the EDI record.
5. User can select the values which he/she wants to update from the EDI record and click the "Save as Correction" button.
6. The record will be saved as a new version into CHRONiCA with the newly selected values.